Scottish Football (Soccer)

General sports news and discussions.
samster
udonmap.com

Re: Scottish Football (Soccer)

Post by samster » April 29, 2024, 10:32 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
April 28, 2024, 5:45 pm
Sadly, Dundee United were held to a 0-0 draw with Airdrieonians.
Our Scottish correspondent doesnt appear to have his finger on the pulse of Scottish soccer.

Far from "sadly", the Terrors confirmed their return to the top flight of Scottish football with the draw.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » April 29, 2024, 11:01 am

samster wrote:
April 29, 2024, 10:32 am
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
Our Scottish correspondent doesnt appear to have his finger on the pulse of Scottish soccer.

Far from "sadly", the Terrors confirmed their return to the top flight of Scottish football with the draw.
Yes, but the Tangerines should have marked their move up with flair and confirmed their standing with a lopsided victory.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 29, 2024, 2:05 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
April 29, 2024, 11:01 am
samster wrote:
April 29, 2024, 10:32 am
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:

Yes, but the Tangerines should have marked their move up with flair and confirmed their standing with a lopsided victory.
Dundee U are rubbish, same as Dundee FC and most things Dundonian. Best thing about Dundee is the bypass. They'll be relegated again next season. They're worse than Burnley (if such a thing is possible).
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » April 29, 2024, 4:21 pm

Their uniform colours are nice, and the city has some outstanding street names. They should top the League next year. You can't help but cheer them on.

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » April 29, 2024, 5:12 pm

I've had many great nights out in Dundee. With Carnoustie just down the road and St Andrews across the bridge it's a great location for golfers.

I also had my most memorable business meeting at Dens Park being harangued by an excitable foreign footballer.

Add to that Dundee Utd were the 4th part of my 2023/4 football accumulator to come in and, you can see why I was so upset at LYM glossing over Uniteds great achievement. Now if only Celtic, Real Madrid, Bolton and (sadly) Leeds win the leagues or are promoted and, I'll be in the money

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » April 29, 2024, 5:24 pm

samster wrote:
April 29, 2024, 5:12 pm
I've had many great nights out in Dundee. With Carnoustie just down the road and St Andrews across the bridge it's a great location for golfers.

I also had my most memorable busiChurchness meeting at Dens Park being harangued by an excitable foreign footballer.

Add to that Dundee Utd were the 4th part of my 2023/4 football accumulator to come in and, you can see why I was so upset at LYM glossing over Uniteds great achievement. Now if only Celtic, Real Madrid, Bolton and (sadly) Leeds win the leagues or are promoted and, I'll be in the money
Apparently, the game of golf was invented at Carnoustie. I have been to the old Church at Panmure, Carnoustie, Brechin City (met the Laird of Brechin Castle) and Dundee. A weasel nearly knocked me over on the Castle grounds. I really liked Angus.

Dundee U. had a great year, and one has to feel happy for their success. However, I was hoping they could win big.
Good luck with Leeds, and in getting your hands on some more money.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 29, 2024, 8:54 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
April 29, 2024, 4:21 pm
Their uniform colours are nice, and the city has some outstanding street names. They should top the League next year. You can't help but cheer them on.
Yes. Yes you can.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 29, 2024, 8:56 pm

samster wrote:
April 29, 2024, 5:12 pm

I also had my most memorable business meeting at Dens Park being harangued by an excitable foreign footballer.

Fingers crossed then.

Dundee?

Meh...
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Return to “World Sports”